Monday, May 26, 2014

[R] More Than This, by: Patrick Ness

More Than This
by: Patrick Ness

★★★★★

A boy named Seth drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments, losing his life as the pounding sea claims him. But then he wakes. He is naked, thirsty, starving. But alive. How is that possible? He remembers dying, his bones breaking, his skull dashed upon the rocks. So how is he here? And where is this place? The street seems familiar, but everything is abandoned, overgrown, covered in dust.

What's going on? Is it real? Or has he woken up in his own personal hell? Seth begins to search for answers, hoping desperately that there must be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife...


“Here is the boy, drowning.”
After so much struggle with this book, I finally finish it and I don't know how to explain myself of how dimb I was of not finishing it before. Other books got between this one, I know, but every once in a while I would pick up and read at least a chapter. It went inside my bag everywhere, even work and still I do not know how to explain my delay while reading it.
“A book… it’s a world all on its own too. A world made of words, where you live for a while.”
Once again, Patrick Ness, brings us an excellent male character to live by. Someone that you see he moves on, he learns, understands and acts in base of that. This book make us think about our lifes, our love ones lifes and the lifes of those we don't know. How many times we think that we have a shitty life, but we keep going because we know that there is something more. Something more than this.
“You said we all want there to be more than this! Well, there's always more than this. There's always something you don't know.”
Our main character name is Seth. A teenage boy who lives in America, but was born in England. Who lives with his parents and his little brother, Owen. Who is, at last, in his senior year with his three best friends: H, Monica and Gudmund. But wait, is that a happy end or the begining of the story. Sadly, the very first chapter of the book is how our friend Seth dies, drown. After that horrible chapter, we read that he wokes up in a strange place that its not that strange for him. He's naked, hurted and confused; outside from a house he didn't dream to see again. The house where everything happened, where he was raised back in England. The real question is, "Am I dead?".
"I don't believe in guardian angels. Just people who are there for you and people who aren't."
The whole book is a journey, but not the one when you move to one place to another, but the journey to find the true, the past and what's real and what's not. Seth must discover why he is where he is when he woke up. He must answer all the questions he has, but deep down no one can asnwer them, just him.
"Then I'd keep my eyes open, remember who I was, and go in swinging."
If you need to know more, if you wish for you or if you do not believe in more... read this book. It will show you that there is more, that is in front of you and you must see it and go in swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!