Sunday, March 2, 2014

[Short Review] The Secret of Ella and Micha, by: Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha
(The Secret #1)
by: Jessica Sorensen

★★★★☆

A rule-breaker with a fiery attitude, Ella always wore her heart on her sleeve. Then she left everything behind to go to college, where she transformed into someone who follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. Now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. But once there, Ella fears that everything she's worked so hard to bury might resurface-especially with Micha living right next door.

Smart, sexy, and confident, Micha can get under Ella's skin like no one else. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. If he tries to tempt the old Ella to return, he will be impossible to resist. But what Ella doesn't realize is that when she left, she took a piece of Micha's heart with her. Now he's determined to win back the girl he lost, no matter what it takes.

I question over and over is: does Jessica Sorensen do another thing than write? I'm not saying this as a bad thing, but jeez, she have a lot of books out there. Now, I read the first book of The Secret series, and guess what? I like it. It was just the perfect first step to this series that can go really well.

When secrets cloud your minds, you will no longer want to watch yourself in a mirror. Basically, that's Ella's life after walking away from everything eight months ago. She left everything she knew and loved. Bailing wasn't good enough, because after those months she needed to go back to the past, where everything started. Micha Scott is those kind of boys that are to die for, and certainly Ella does dies for him, but she doesn't want to admit it. Micha is totally in love with Ella almost from the very start. Now that Ella is back, things can get back to normal, except that she isn't the same girl. The quest of Micha is to get back the old Ella or if not, at least some things about her. Can they move over their own personal ghosts to be happy?

This book is the kind of those that you read the synopsis, see the cover pic, read the title and doesn't attract your attention. I know this via personal experience. Why did I pick up this book? Well, first because it was in my iBooks shelf for quite some time and because I have read some of Sorensen's books and I wanted to give another try. I'm happy that I did read it. The book is fast and slow in some points. It really get on my nerves the situation of Ella, but I understand it. Its a short book and you can read it in one day. If you like sweet things, this is your opportunity to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!