Wednesday, January 15, 2014

[Short Review] Obsidian, by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian
(Lux #1)
by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

★★★★★

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

Well, here goes nothing. Again... I'm captured by books of Jennifer L. Armentrout. I remember when I read her series called The Covenant. I couldn't breath well until the last book came out and of how this is going, I will not until this series is finished too. I loved the book, but I hate of how it end and the cover of the book. Like, it couldn't have been more terrible. I love The Covenant covers, so I don't know why the Lux got the worse part.

I don't know how to summarize this book, so keep the synopsis in mind. I like Katy, I really do, but I don't understand half of why she do everything she does. I mean, Daemon can be very infuriating, but you cannot explode that easily. How sexy is that? Plus, is obvious that he has something for Katy, but she is so dumb that doesn't see it. Is she blind or something? Maybe. Apart from that, she did good in how she reacted about the alien thing.

The end, end... like the last page, that's what I didn't like. It was not a cliff, but it didn't gave us love. I want some inside of him, Daemon. I wanted babies, hahaha. Nevermind, I loved the book, the characters, the plot and of course Katy and her blog and reading things. I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!