Monday, January 13, 2014

[Short Review] Anna & the French Kiss, by: Stephanie Perkins

Anna & the French Kiss
(Anna & the French Kiss #1)
by: Stephanie Perkins

★★★★★

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. She is less than thrilled about boarding school in Paris - until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, he has it all - including a serious girlfriend. Will Anna get her French kiss?
I don't know any french, yet, but google translate says this: "J'ai adoré ce livre!" Which is supposed to say that I loved this book. I really do... a lot. I never imagine that such a sweet story would got me. I must confessed that at the beginning, I didn't like it and I got distracted from reading it. But once I was 50 pages into, I couldn't stop.

Talking about the sweet story. Anna is just a girl who has a writter for dad and he wants her to finish her high school in Paris. Jezz, who would want that? But appearatly, she didn't. The thing she must hate is not that he sent her, is that he never asked if she wanted to. At the end, she went. Life as the newbie sucks and not knowing the language, worse. Until she meet Étienne St. Clair, who everyone calls St. Clair and is the most hot in the whole school. Time passes and they became best friends almost inseparable and feelings beginning to get in the middle, but St. Clair has a girlfriend. What would they do when those feelings begin to hurt? Because, he having a girlfriend hurt Anna.

This book was very thoughtful, it makes you think about who you are and what you want to be in the future. But most of all, how to find home. I don't have too much to say, because my last sentence resume it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!