Tuesday, December 17, 2013

[R] Where She Went, by: Gayle Forman

Where She Went
(If I Stay #2)
by: Gayle Forman

★★★★½

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


So, finally I finished the book. I got no exiting comment of it, because it was ok. Of the two books in the series, I like way better the first book. Almost all people tend to say the contrary, but I'm not normal. I didn't like how this book was based, I just didn't like it.

The book continues three years later after the first book. Is in Adam's POV and I can say that I love it. I was surprised when I begin the book and understood who was talking. I didn't know it was him, until maybe the second paragraph. His POV is not that wow, but neither was Mia's in the first book, but I like it more the first.

Adam have some questions that haunts his days and the only way to fight against them was music. After making a whole album of songs about how angry he was after Mia left, fame rushed in and it was something he didn't like. Now after three years, he founds Mia again and it's confusing how she talks to him without apologizing or explaining why she left him.

The book is about what happened in the middle. What was the moment when those two lovers said goodbye or more like she disconnect from him. It's about how to reconnect what was broken. Hope rushed in, but their lives are already complicated, so how they will resolve it? Could Adam forgive and let go? Or Mia will continue ignoring the fact that she broke his heart?

It was a nice read, but nothing extraordinary. If you want to know what happened after If I Stay then you should read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!