Wednesday, December 11, 2013

[R] The Treatment, by: Suzanne Young

The Treatment
(The Program #2)
by: Suzanne Young

★★★★★

Can Sloane and James survive the lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end? Find out in this sequel to The Program, which Publishers Weekly called “chilling and suspenseful.”

How do you stop an epidemic?

Sloane and James are on the run after barely surviving the suicide epidemic and The Program. But they’re not out of danger. Huge pieces of their memories are still missing, and although Sloane and James have found their way back to each other, The Program isn’t ready to let them go.

Escaping with a group of troubled rebels, Sloane and James will have to figure out who they can trust, and how to take down The Program. But for as far as they’ve come, there’s still a lot Sloane and James can’t remember. The key to unlocking their past lies with the Treatment—a pill that can bring back forgotten memories, but at a high cost. And there’s only one dose.

Ultimately when the stakes are at their highest, can Sloane and James survive the many lies and secrets surrounding them, or will The Program claim them in the end?
I am so happy! *makes a stupid, but funny dance* I never thought of such a wonderful ending. Like I said, every dystopian has a different ending, but the same goal... be happy. But for me, it was more than that. They want happiness, but freedom too and they got it. I couldn't, like literally, but down this book. I only put it down once and it was to sleep, but when my eyes open the next day, the first thing I did was read.
"Human beings are cruel creatures. And what we don't understand, we tamper with until we destroy it."
Such a real and sad quotes. We see this happening in the books over and over. As you read in the first book, James and Sloane are in the run. Now, thanks to Realm, they have a pill that can bring back memories. The rebels, including now them, are going to fight and try to bring The Program down, but will The Treatment be the right method? That's the freaking question in the whole book.

I will try not to spoil you, guys, because the book comes out in April 2014 and it will not be fair for you read some spoilers. What I can tell you is that there are a lot of new characters, there are ups and downs in the relationship between James and Sloane, The Program still being the most cruel thing in the world, but the rebels are more stronger. That's for sure. Never give up for freedom.

I loved every page and scenes. I loved how it end and I wouldn't change a thing.When you get your hands with this baby, don't hesitate and read it. I totally recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!