Sunday, December 22, 2013

[R] The Elite, By: Kiera Cass

The Elite
(The Selection #2)
by: Kiera Cass

★★★★★

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

I can't even... AHHHH! If this was a reality show, I would have a sign saying "America for princess!" so big, that the word big would be ashamed of how big it is. I'm just... *sighs* I really want the last boom to come out now. I need it like the sky above me.

This time around, only six girls left in the competition and America is among them. Problems, problems... Now that Aspen is in the castle and the competition is more rude, America is on the border of going mental. Nothing is sure, maybe one thing, but I don't like it. Aspen is there and always for her. Maxon... not so much. His feelings stay the same, but it flickers when the other girls are concerned. America is sad and jealous about that, but then her feelings for Aspen get in the middle.

I fucking hate this love triangle. I sure hope that she ends with Maxon, because if not, revolution against the last book will be placed. Is no secret that I hate Aspen with all my guts, but Maxon in this book was not that good. At the beginning everything was peaches and cream, but then things changed. I hate it, I fully do. I'm trying to visualize what all the war things are about and I may have a conclusion... which is the same America had after a few chapters when I did.

WHO WILL WIN!?!?! America should and I bet all my money that she will. She must, because if not, what was the whole point of the books? Care to explain, Ms. Cass.

1 comment:

  1. I finished the first book yesterday and I really really hope she'll choose Maxon!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!