Monday, December 9, 2013

[R] Girl of Nightmares, by: Kendare Blake

Girl of Nightmares
(Anna #2)
by: Kendare Blake

★★★★☆

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on.

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live—not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.

Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.

Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.

Painfully beautiful and a little bit of slow. That would be my overall description. I have read too many reviews saying how much they didn't like the end and some parts, but I love it. I cannot tell that I'm totally cool with everything, but hell, I'm never cool with ends.

This sypnosis was much better than the one of the first book, so I will not summarize the book... again. To tell you more about it, well, he needs to "rescue" Anna. Some characters in the book have looks, and maybe thoughts, about "how can you save someone who kill so many people?" To Cas is screwed them all, because Anna doesn't deserve to be in Hell and much less being tortured by the Obeahman every single second. For Cas, the price can be very high, but everything is worth if he saves Anna.
"The clock ticks. Caution' become a luxury."
At the beginning and middle, the whole story was painfully slow and watching Cas being lovesick didn't help. I just want to kill him, so he would go to where Anna is... well, maybe not kill him. I loved how much Thomas is there for Cas and no matter what, he follows him. I cannot say the same thing about Carmel, because... she is a girl, aka queen bee? Hell! I was pissed of with her on and off. Like she wants to be there because she loves Thomas and Cas, but she doesn't want to deal with all their shit.

This book was not bloody, like the first one. No one, that I can remember, died in a bloody way. Some ghosts died, but thats all. The part I most hate was the one in the Suicide Forest, that was very scary. I loved the book, but not that far to give it 5 stars. I would love sort of an epilogue. Like how Cas continued his life as a ghost-killer, how his friends went to senior prom and all that. I wanted a happy ending, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!