Monday, November 4, 2013

[R] Sentinel, by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel
(The Covenant #5)
by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

★★★★★

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

“Oh, this had apocalypse written all over it.”
One of my all times favorites series! That's how I categorized these books after finishing. So many action, love, sacrifice, jokes, among others. I love the end of it, and that's a lot to say, because I'm never okay with the ends. The book made me laugh, cry and yell of frustration and anger. But I couldn't be more happy at the end.
"It was a beautiful day for war."
The book begins just when the last one ended, maybe a couple of days later, but same problem. War is here with it friends. To survive a god must be kill, but how that can be possible? When the good side has an Apollyon, maybe two, the other gods and a titan, everything seems possible. So many things can go wrong... In a matter of speaking it's like Alex said "this had apocalypse written all over it".

I really liked Alex in this book. She was a totally kickass; very strong, independent and no matter how scared she was, she would fight with all she had. I love that about her in this book and in the others. Her relationship with Aiden seems to got stronger in the progress and I really really loved that. Aiden seem for comfortable than ever in expressing his love for Alex in public, which she didn't complain. Although after Seth's appearance, he got really jealous, but it was amusing to see them fight for her once in awhile. For Alex it was totally annoying, but I laughed at every moment. Seth, as in the character, grew a pair in this book. He seems more mature; he knows what he is against and maybe how is everything going to end. No matter how "the power" called him, he just refuse to give up and screwed everything. We see how much he loves Alex to give up his soul for her, same as Aiden. For both of them, they would do everything in their power just to her happy.

I really don't want to spoiled y'all, but the end was so sweet that the only thing that I do can say is that everything goes as expected. Maybe a couple of deaths that I didn't wish for, but the end... its just oh-my-God-this-is-what-I-wanted end. Read it and you will agree with me. And if you have not read this series, then what the hell are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!