Saturday, November 16, 2013

[R] A Fractured Light, by:Jocelyn Davies

A Fractured Light
(A Beautiful Dark #2)
by: Jocelyn Davies

★★★½☆

When she wakes up in unfamiliar surroundings, Skye knows something terrible has happened to her. It's not until she hears Asher, the dark, rebellious angel she fell in love with, that the memories come flooding back. She tries to put the past behind her, but she knows she'll be forever haunted by the ruthless betrayal that almost took her life.

Skye returns home, but with the knowledge of who she really is, nothing can ever be the same. As she tests the limits of her newfound powers, Skye discovers that she's capable of far more than anyone could have imagined. Both the Order and the Rebellion want her for their side as war between the factions looms. She can't forget the terrifying truth she now knows about the Order, but something holds her back from embracing the Rebellion.



Meh! That was my reaction after reading the whole book. I really didn’t like it that much. It was just monotonous and without too many action, love or drama. I wanted more. It was worth reading it, because now I will know what I’m going to, but still meh.

Our friend Skye Parker was dying at the end of the first book, but now occurred magic and she is alive and kicking. Asher is more than in love with her and somehow Skye ends loving him too and accepting to join the rebellion. She is too powerful and without control, so that’s needs to be taken care of. But there is a problem, when she goes home again… everything changed. There are a lot of guardians watching her moves in town and her friends are acting weird, like they don’t trust her. Will she tell them the true? Another person is in town, Devin. And he is following her and asking for forgiveness, can she?

Well, well, well, as I said, this book was meh. But I like some parts and I definitely liked the end, but only half of it. I love the part that she have wings… SILVER wings! I, too, likes that Raven is now one of the “in-between” angels of Skye’s crew. Ian, maybe, is a Rogue, so yay! Devin is part of the Rebellion, but Asher is too. Which means that maybe is Skye’s enemy? I don’t like the sound of that. Let’s see what comes next.

Favorite Quote:
“We weren’t light, and we weren’t dark. We were the in-between. We were something fractured and put back together again, better, stronger, illuminating the night.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!