Thursday, October 17, 2013

[R] The House of Hades, by: Rick Riordan

The House of Hades
(The Heroes of Olympus #4)
by: Rick Riordan

★★★★★

At the conclusion of The Mark of Athena, Annabeth and Percy tumble into a pit leading straight to the Underworld. The other five demigods have to put aside their grief and follow Percy’s instructions to find the mortal side of the Doors of Death. If they can fight their way through the Gaea’s forces, and Percy and Annabeth can survive the House of Hades, then the Seven will be able to seal the Doors both sides and prevent the giants from raising Gaea. But, Leo wonders, if the Doors are sealed, how will Percy and Annabeth be able to escape?

They have no choice. If the demigods don’t succeed, Gaea’s armies will never die. They have no time. In about a month, the Romans will march on Camp Half-Blood. The stakes are higher than ever in this adventure that dives into the depths of Tartarus.



Gods of Olympus! I’m without thoughts of how to make this review. I mean, the book was awesome and full of action that I never got bored. Oh. My. God! I cannot believe that I read. I do not encourage to read this review if you have not read this book or the last ones.

The book begins when it left us on The Mark of Athena: Percy & Annabeth falling to Tantarus and the others making their journey to the House of Hades where the Doors of Death is. The whole book is structure in everyone’s POV, as in the famous seven from the quest. All of them are important, but not all are constantly there, because well… some where some active than others. As in my favorites where the ones with more chapters: Percy, Annabeth, Leo, Frank and Hazel. I love so much all and the book gave me so many surprises.
“The dead see what they believe they will see. So do the living. That is the secret.”
Hazel was always one of my faves from day one and seeing her with so much power in this book made me happy. Like, hello; she can control the mist, is a badass fighter, can summon precious things and have all the perks of being a Hades/Pluto daughter, like shadow-traveling. Applause for Hazel, people.
“If a tree falls in the forest and crushes down a demon, does the tree get cursed?”
This scene in Tantarus of Percy and Annabeth trying to defeat the arias brought me feelings about disliking Percy at the beginning. When I began to read PJO, I didn’t really love Percy, but from time to time begin to love him. Now, this scene is a pickle. If you kill an aria, that will curse you. Meaning, someone you will or make suffer who curse then, now will be real. He kill so many of them that the was slash in the chest, make Annabeth feel lost after she got blind for her own curse and almost die with gorgon’s blood. While trying not to die, he release everything “wrong” he do. Some deaths are worth it, of course, but other not all of them. Do you really need to kill, Percy?
“You make it sound so simple. Alas, love is never simple.”
How to defeat a god that you can see and who can make you feel terrible? The scene with Jason and Nico in Favonius temple was weird, awkward, but we learned so much. WE understand Nico’s feelings. Why he always is apart and among things. Accepting being in love with Percy was not simple for him, alas, as Favonius says love is never simple.
“We are not so different. Except Death is sometimes kinder.”
Coming from Cupid mouth that doesn’t sound too good. I guess that Cupid don’t believe in his love? Such a sad story of his.
“Love is on every side, Cupid said. And no one’s side. Don’t ask what Love can do for you.”
As Jason said; great, now he’s spouting greeting card messages. Totally a good retort, I was like why would he say that. But well, what can you do in Love’s name? Don’t ask what Love can do for you, ask what you can do for Love!
“Love is no game! It is no flowery softness! It is hard work – a quest that never ends. It demands everything from you – especially the truth. Only then does it yield rewards.”
As you can see, I really love this scene. But it have so many good quotes. To think about them in real life!
“Love was the most savage monster of all.”
What a tremendous thing to say, Jason!
“Misery is eternal. Existence is misery.”
Well, well, nothing good can come from Misery. Is a scene without too much emphasis, which was bad, because we would have learn some things about it. But we still learn. WE must not make our existence a misery. Living the life like tomorrow is the end. That’s how we must work!
“Tell the sun and stars hello for me.”
I burst in tears after I read this line. Hell broke loose inside me! Bob was such a good spirit and he stays down THERE. Ugh. Such a drama I’m making, but I really appreciate him… love him. His only wish was going outside and see the sun and stars. His, maybe, last wish was that one. Just say hello to them. AHHH!
“ ‘Bob says hello,’ he told the stars.”
And this make me love Percy more and want to kiss him, sorry Annabeth, but too many people want that. He made a promise to Bob and he really fulfill it! Thank you, Percy! And try not to make the same mistakes again.
“Gaia waits only for the blood of Olympus.”
And this is it, we have the next book schedule it and with a title. So many things were left hanging in House of Hades that I which for autumn 2014 to be here now. I want to know what will happen with Calypso and Leo, I don’t know why, but I ship them and I want them together. Leo doesn’t deserve being the third wheel, more like seven. I want him happy and Calypso is not a bad choice. I want to know about the camps and what its going on with them. I want Gaia defeated!

And over all, I want a HAPPY END!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!