Saturday, October 12, 2013

[R] Searching for Someday, by: Jennifer Probst

Searching for Someday
(Searching For #1)
by: Jennifer Probst

★★★★½

Kate has given up on love—at least for herself. She is both blessed and cursed with the ability to sense a romantic connection between two people—a gift that her family passed down for generations. When Kate launches her own matchmaking company, Kinnection, with her two best friends in a cozy New York town, she has to put aside her own romantic disasters to make her business a success.

But when a furious man stalks into her office and accuses her business of being a scam, Kate is given the ultimate challenge to prove herself. Slade puts himself in her hands and asks Kate to find him love. Enraged at his arrogance but stubbornly eager to prove herself, Kate agrees, dedicating herself to the journey of finding him love...only to find herself falling for him along the way.

Perfect! I have never read a book of this author, Jennifer Probst, but I have heard of her being a good writer and I totally agree. I love this book and make me think of buying some of her books for now on. My overall opinion of this book is that more perfect it couldn’t being. It’s true that I struggled with the main characters, but I think that what the author make us do while reading it. It’s totally a good read.

The sypnosis of the book summarized all, nothing more to add. I love every scene of the book and I couldn’t want any of them to be erased. It doesn’t have too many characters, so I wasn’t lost. I understood the plot and how was fitting until the end. Having a prologue and an epilogue in the book make us see what happened a little bit after and a little bit before the whole book takes place. The prologue caught our attention and the epilogue leave us wanting for more. I love that the dog, Robert, was a character very active and with human characteristics. He even have his own chapter, which is the epilogue, and we see our characters live by his eyes. Everything for him was peaches and cream, which we already knew and loved.

Basically a book of love. Some believe in and others don’t. Some make of it a business and others make it as an opportunity to make connections. What would be my opinion of this theme in the book? It was very well played. We see so many perspectives of love in the book and that I didn’t know which to choose or which was right. It was an excellent journey. Totally worth it to read and I fully recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!