Tuesday, September 10, 2013

[R] Forbidden, by: Tina Smith

Forbidden: Discover the Legend
(Wolf Sirens #1)
by: Tina Smith

★★☆☆☆

When Lila unwillingly moves to the country town of Shade, she can’t imagine the life-altering events that lie in wait for her. Shade has a curfew and has always been surrounded by myths. A central feature of the town is its famous statue of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt, whose spirit is said to protect the innocent.

Lila falls in with a group of intriguing teenagers with luminescent eyes and soon she is drawn into the shadowlands of fantasy and reality, where destiny collides.

A mysterious local girl, Cresida, warns her to stay away, but Lila is drawn to them like a moth to a flame.

Cresida knows their fatal secret and she is honour-bound to protect those who are endangered. But she underestimates Lila’s passion for the mysterious and charismatic clan of youths. Lila begins to feel a call she cannot ignore. Yet her heart is filled with vulnerable desires that begin to turn the underworld upside down, for both hunter and hunted, as she learns they have been waiting for her…

Inspired by the legend of the mythical femme fatale, Wolf Sirens is an intimate tale of unrequited and forbidden love in the underworld, a masterpiece of romance fantasy.


No, nope my style. Yes, I was very intrigued to know everything, but I didn't like how everything turned out and worst yet, how it ended. I love werewolves stories and the legend about Artemis and all was incredible, but the whole story of Sam and the others not.

When I got the notification that I could read this book, my first thought after seeing that it was only the first book of the series was to search for the others and read them all. I didn't find the others and now that I read this book, my search ceases. I will not read anymore of this books, I did not like this one, so why I should like the others? I got better things to read, though.

This book was not all bad, but certainly the bad parts were much more than the good ones. My favorite character was Reid until I knew all his background and history. Then I love Sky even more, until the end. I don't know the end seems fake for me. Sam, which is my name too and I'm ashamed to have a name of a character like this, is a mean-girls character straight from the movie with the same name. She is just a bitch and I know that she will be the same in the same books. Because I know for sure that she will appear in them.

As you can see, no, I don't recommend the book. *sighs* I just got nothing more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!