Saturday, September 7, 2013

[R] Autumn, by: Sierra Dean

Autumn
(Dog Days #1)
by: Sierra Dean

★★★★★

Cooper Reynolds’s life is going to the dogs… literally.

As if being a high school senior in a small Texas town wasn’t hard enough, Cooper has bigger things to worry about than who he’ll take to prom and whether or not the Poisonfoot Padres will win homecoming. He has less than a year before his eighteenth birthday, when a curse placed on his family will doom him to live in coyote form forever.

The last thing he needs to complicate his already messed-up life is a girl, but fate has other plans in mind for him when it brings Eloise “Lou” Whittaker to Poisonfoot. She’s grouchy, sarcastic and has no love for her new Texas home, but she might be exactly the right person to help Cooper break the curse.

The clock is ticking, and Cooper will have to decide if he’s willing to let Lou in on his dirty little secret before it’s too late.


Without words! I’m still mouth open with this book. The whole book was a roller coaster that only goes up and up, for real. I don’t even think that the end of the book is the climax of the story. I hope that the second book goes still up too. As always, I didn’t like the end, but when I do? Still I fell in love with this book, the only thing I didn’t like, apart from the end, was the length. Very short, I wanted more. Now I need to wait a lot of time for the second book and after that there are two more. I want to know everything now! I got so many questions in my head: about the curse, her powers, his future, the watchers thing, her father thing, her grandma thing, his brother thing, everything!

What I did like of the book? Almost all. I like that it never made me bored, except at the beginning, but I guess that I feel like that whenever I begin a new book or any book for the matter. I laugh so much at Lou and Cooper’s scenes. They are a really cute couple. I hate Archer, and I always will (for now). I still don’t understand why everyone keep saying that they can’t be together, yeah, they explain about being opposite poles of a magnet and all, but no one knows why exactly?

I love how the author change the typical story of werewolves to a coyotes and even include witches, I like that. And more perfect was when Coopers was telling Lou the whole story, he just drag her to the woods and show her the coyote and said: “I want you to meet my brother.” What a line! Very creative. Other thing that was very creative was the ghost thing. Like, is she (Lou) watching her dad because she is kind of a “witch”? Or because her father wants her to see him?

Why is always the main characters problem same? They can be together some X reasons. I really hate that, but I hope that to be resolve in the next book. Books three and four can be about finding how to break the curse, but I want this couple to be together!

Totally recommend the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!