Friday, August 16, 2013

Once Upon A Wallflower - By: Wendy Lyn Watson

Once Upon A Wallflower
by: Wendy Lyn Watson

5 of 5 stars
A Perennial Wallflower…
When Mira Fitzhenry’s guardian arranges her engagement to one of the most scandalous, yet devastatingly handsome lords to ever grace the peerage, all of society is abuzz. After all, the man has left a trio of dead young women in his wake, including his first fiancée.

A Gothic Villain…
Expecting to scare the chit away within five minutes of meeting him, scarred and brooding Nicholas, the Viscount Ashfield, is intrigued by the unfashionably lovely Mira, but his family’s dark secret means he must fight his attractions. No matter what his heart wants.

As the wedding approaches, Nicholas and Mira grow ever closer, yet so does the very real danger. Will the truth bring Nicholas and Mira together or tear their love apart?
my thoughts
A very mysterious, lovely and interesting story, that’s how I defined this book when a friend asked what I was reading. I totally recommend it to her, by the way.

I really don’t know much of time frames names, but I suggest that the story is very from the English time. Which is not my favorite, but I like it. The characters are a few, not all of them are important, but I became attached to them. The story, resuming shortly, is about a young woman named Mirabelle, but everyone called her Mira. She is “forced” to marry Nicholas, a wealthy young man. The problem is not the “forced” thing, because either one of them can called the marriage off by running away. No, the problem is that there are rumors that Nicholas is the killer of two girls and his last fiancé. Mira, while talking and know about him more, eliminates the possibility of him being the murdered. She swears to discover the assassin; no matter of her life is in danger. While all this is happening, Nicholas and Mira begin to fall in love with each other, but: Will the killer be discovered? Will Mira be murdered like the other three girls?

Mystery everywhere, I swear that I was jumping from one character to another to analyze who was the killer. From the beginning, I trusted that Nicholas was not, no matter how many things point back at him. My top three were: Blackwell, Beatrix and Jeremy. They were so mysterious about so many things, that those were the ones I was looking for.

The killer was the one I was thinking, not from the very beginning. But when I was reading by the middle, my intuition told me that person was the killer and I was right. I loved the whole story, with all its parts and characters. I totally recommend it, give it a chance and you will not regret it. For that, I swear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!