Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Eve - By: Anna Carey

Eve (Eve #1)
by: Anna Carey

4 of 5 stars

The year is 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus—and the vaccine intended to protect against it—wiped out most of the earth’s population. The night before eighteen-year-old Eve’s graduation from her all-girls school she discovers what really happens to new graduates, and the horrifying fate that awaits her.

Fleeing the only home she’s ever known, Eve sets off on a long, treacherous journey, searching for a place she can survive. Along the way she encounters Caleb, a rough, rebellious boy living in the wild. Separated from men her whole life, Eve has been taught to fear them, but Caleb slowly wins her trust...and her heart. He promises to protect her, but when soldiers begin hunting them, Eve must choose between true love and her life.

my thoughts


Well, this book escalated quickly. Everything was so fast, for me. One chapter Eve was celebrating her graduation and the other she was escaping that school and running for her life.

Let's start from the beginning, okay? Yeah, our main character is Eve, no last name. She lives in a world that aprox 98% of the human raze died in something called the "plague". Including her mother. We don't know anything about her father and she have no brothers. When she was five years old, her mother died and she went to an orphan's school. They promised so many things: a bright future, a good job and even a good life in City of Sand (the capital). But she discovers that all of those things are lies. Everything that they taught was a lie. They want her to breed and make kids to populate the world.
She escapes. And find herself alone, until she finds Arden (a classmate who escaped a day before than her). Both girls begin a journey towards Califa, a haven for escapees. In the journey, they find a group of boys, which Caleb is part of it. He becomes interested in Eve and viceversa. Now, Eve is being chased by goverment soldiers. She is a wanted person, all of them are, but she is special... why? Could Caleb protect her? Could they both arrive to Califa?

The book remind me a little but of Pandemonium (Delirium #2) book. Both protagonists escape a society full of crap. They meet a handsome guy and fell in love with them. There is another similarity, but I will not tell. As I was saying the book did escalated quickly. My book only have 319 pages and I read them in a flash. She, Eve, doesn't ramble too much and always goes to the point. I like that about her. What I didn't like was all those lies that the Teachers told her and the others girls. That make her life a little bit more hard for her in the wild. Thank God that Caleb was always there to answer her questions. And talking about him, his life was not easy neither. I feel sad for him, I really do.

Let's see what will happen to our lovely friends in the next book. Do I recommend this book? Yeah, it was funnny and I like it.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book I have had this on my list for a while now, I need to start it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. yeah, but the thing is that this book was the only one of the tilogy that i really liked, so i dunno if i could recommend you the whole trilogy. thanks for stopping by, reading and commenting.

      Delete

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!