Thursday, July 11, 2013

[R] Warm Bodies, by: Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies
(Warm Bodies #1)
by: Isaac Marion

★★★★½

'R' is a zombie. He has no name, no memories and no pulse, but he has dreams. He is a little different from his fellow Dead.

Amongst the ruins of an abandoned city, R meets a girl. Her name is Julie and she is the opposite of everything he knows - warm and bright and very much alive, she is a blast of colour in a dreary grey landscape. For reasons he can't understand, R chooses to save Julie instead of eating her, and a tense yet strangely tender relationship begins.

This has never happened before. It breaks the rules and defies logic, but R is no longer content with life in the grave. He wants to breathe again, he wants to live, and Julie wants to help him. But their grim, rotting world won't be changed without a fight...

my thoughts
I really don't know what to think about this book. While reading, I was always searching for similar things that were on the movie. Which is the most terrible thing to do, for obvious reasons. Still, I did and I still do, because damn! I really didn't like that much the book. I loved the movie, but the book... Shit! What's happening to me?

I spent like three days reading this book. I dragged on too much, just because it was not like the movie. I'm so wrong... I feel shame. I'm fucking ashame of myself and my thoughts. Still, the book is good.

R is a zombie. A serious "eat brains" zombie. But he is different. He thinks and acts diffently around the other zombies. One day, they were "hunting" and they found a group of teenagers. Among that group was Julie. A nineteen-year-old girl, who also thinks differently about the whole zombie apocalypse thing. R saves her intead of eating her. And in that particular momment, their world begins to change. But can they change the whole world? Is love the cure?

Ignore my thoughts... but READ the book before watching the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!