Wednesday, July 10, 2013

[R] Tiger's Quest, by: Colleen Houck

Tiger's Quest
(The Tiger Saga #2)
by: Colleen Houck

★★★★☆

Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.



my thoughts
Wow, just wow. The book was totally amazing! But here are some things that I didn't like (watch out for tiny/huge spoilers):

First, Kishan is an awesome perfect handsome romantic guy, but he is not for Kells. So I will not ship them. I really don't like this love triangle. Its totally heart breacking to read a series which it contains a love triangle, and more when two of those three people are siblings or very close friends. This kind of situations break readers heart and split the fandom and the main character who has to decided. I do not like those ends.

Second, Ren was not in the whole book and I was pissed off. Really pissed off. But at least in the beginning he was in it and I was very happy, because he was so romantic and all. Then he was kidnapped and all went down the toilet. The short flashes of him were almost torture.

Third and last, what make me explode was that Ren doens't remember Kells thanks to Lokesh (at the end). This is so clichè! Authors think that make one character forget the love of his/her life is fun and worth writing... let me tell you that NOT. I totally hate it. Why they need to go that way? A loveboy/lovegirl without his/her memories of the lover is so painful and trying to remmember is the worst work out possible in the world.

Now, the book was good, so ignore my childish reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!