Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Ask and the Answer - Patrick Ness

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking #2)
by: Patrick Ness

5 of 5 stars

We were in the square, in the square where I'd run, holding her, carrying her, telling her to stay alive, stay alive till we got safe, till we got to Haven so I could save her - But there weren't no safety, no safety at all, there was just him and his men...

Fleeing before a relentless army, Todd has carried a desperately wounded Viola right into the hands of their worst enemy, Mayor Prentiss. Immediately separated from Viola and imprisoned, Todd is forced to learn the ways of the Mayor's new order. But what secrets are hiding just outside of town? And where is Viola? Is she even still alive? And who are the mysterious Answer? And then, one day, the bombs begin to explode...

Holy crap! This book was so good, but so so good that... crap! I was and still without words.

****LITTLE BIT SPOILERY****
How can I begin to review this book? Oh, yes! Maybe of how awesome and full of action was it. I never have this feeling with a book. A book that I don't want to put away and when I do, I'm thinking all about it.

The characters have their own plots and situations that contrasts with the plot of the main story. Every single thing matches with their reality and every single one have a purpose. Seriously, no matter what each character have their own teaching for our life.

War. That's the whole meaning of the series, but in this book is so raw that take my breathe away. Every lie, true and plan is for the benefit of war. To rule. To free people. But, I'm doubt that their bosses (Mayor Prentiss & Mistress Coyle) want to free people. They just like war and feel all the power of it. They only want to destroy each other, no matter who is in their way.

Spackle. They are so cute, helpless and resentful that it give me the nerves. Todd is a good guy. Why can 1017 cannot see that? Yes, he was kind of rude with them, but mostly he wanted to help them all.

Todd & Viola. They are such an incredible couple! I cannot describe to much, because I got no words for them. But I can say that I ship them together so hard that hurts.

Let's see what happen in the next and last war. New people are coming. Revenge is near, can forgiveness protect Todd and Viola? Can they be together once for all? Will everyone live? You will know it all in Monsters Of Men. Happy Reading shanks!
xoxo, sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!