Saturday, July 13, 2013

[R] Fifty Shades of Grey, by: E.L. James

Fifty Shades of Grey
(Fifty Shades #1)
by: E. L. James

★★★★★

When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving, the Fifty Shades Trilogy is a tale that will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever.

This book is intended for mature audiences.

my thoughts
How the hell do I review this book without saying "adult words" or giving spoilers? Anyway, here I go! But I must warn you that to read this review you should read the book first OR excuse me for my bad words. I dunno how I will do this, so... you are warned.

Mrs. Steele... Anastasia... Ana! So many names for this main character. She is twenty-one years old and soon to be graduated from her collegue degree. Her friend, Kate, is a "reporter" or at least you could say that. She becomes sick the day she was supposed to interview the billionaire Christian Grey, after so many weeks waiting for that interview. Kate asks Ana to do the interview for her. Ana acceptes and finally, Christian and Anastasia meet. And I could call that part... the Rising Action (I feel in my high-school english class, God!).

Mr. Grey... Sir... Christian! Go figures, he have too many names too! He is a twenty-seven years old entrepreneur, billionaire, handsome and very very fixed with sex. Yup, he is kind of a sadist. But he prefers the term Dominant.

So, Ana and Christian begin their story. They meet, they find each other in her job, he gives her his cellphone number and tell her to call him (why? long story... go read the book or you know why). They do what they were expected to do... maybe I should tell you. It was a photo shoot for the interview... yada yada. The interesting thing is that the last day of classes, after her finals, Kate, Jose (her friend, but its in love with her) and her go to a bar. She gets drunk and call him. He was very "worried" for her, but she didn't say him where she was and hung up, he calls her back and tells her that he is coming for her. She exits the bar searching for air. And, guess what? No, its not Christian. Jose follows her and he was drunk to and begins to kiss her, which she don't want and in THAT moment Mr. Grey (aka, the black knight with grey eyes) appears to rescue her. No, THAT's not the climax of the story.

I should tell you that they are so many climax in this story. They fuck so many times that I got lost counting. So many positions, orgasms, whispers... even spanks. GOD! He is a sadist, but hey! she likes it! Her fault. She falls terribly in love with him and I seriously think that he too, but he doesn't say it (but express it). In all this Dominant/Submisse relationship, they committ to be something more (at least, he is willing to try). But the contract remains. Ana have not sign it yet... but oh well!

The end... I cannot tell you if I like it or not, because I have not finish the trilogy, so maybe I did like it. You would never know, bwhahaha... Good book!

If you are 18 years old or more... you should read it. If you are younger, thats your choice not mine. And for your info, I do have 18 years old and I become 19 in october, so I do have an excellent excuse. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!