Tuesday, July 9, 2013

[R] Fallen, by: Lauren Kate

Fallen
(Fallen #1)
by: Lauren Kate

4 of 5 stars

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

my thoughts

Every single friend who is a bookworm told me not to read this book (I'm excluding all my internet friends, which they said that I would love this book. love you all!). Anyway, those people said that the book was terrible and that they didn't like it. They are wrong.

It's not THAT bad. Yes, it have some parts that are like: "you gotta to be kidding me", but in general was good. It was slow and without much action, but I did not gave up. I continue reading, because I don't like to give up in books AND because I was liking reading it and I was like: "I need to know". I really hate all the cliffhangers of the book. They were in the whole book. I hate all the secrets and all.

But I DID like all the characters, even the bad ones. Daniel was so sweet, not at the beginning, but I understood his reasons. I fell so slowly in love with him, that at the end I was like: what? Cam is sweet too, but I always thought that there was something wrong about him, something off and it was. All the others (Gabe, Molly, Arriane, Penn, etc.) were incredible. I cried, I laughed and I was happy sometimes. The end was not my favorite one, but oh well! When I agree with an end?

Forget of those who said that this book doesn't deserve to be a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!