Saturday, July 27, 2013

[R] Betrayals, by: Lili St. Crow

Betrayals
(Strange Angels #2)
by: Lili St. Crow

★★★☆☆

She’s no angel...

Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)

Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England Schola for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem—she’s the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide...

Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?
No like. Again, I'm disappointed of this book, just like the first one. I really finish it with a lot of trouble. I seriously wanted to give up and made a new group with the name "didn't finish", but I would not like that, nor even a little bit. So I eat it up and finished it. The book have action, have plot and have "good" characters, but I really don't like HER. Yeah, I know, I got issues if I hate the main character, but oh well! That's me.

Dru Anderson. I would love what Dru means, like it's a short for something, but which name? I dunno and she have not tell in this first two books. Now, the book begins two or three days (maybe a week) after Christophe Reyard dumped Dru and Graves in this "Schola" of the "Real World". She is the only girl and she is a "svetocha", aka a girl djamphir with super cool powers. The problem with this school is that they don't teach her anything useful. They don't let her spar or anything. And they give this stupid excuse: she is not bloomed and can be in serious problem if something happen. The thing here is if. The good thing is that Graves still there for her, but not every time. He have his own "wolfie" classes and new "friends". She is basically alone. Christophe is no where and she even know where is he.

Here, Christophe is a topic for a whole paragraph. I could say that he doesn't belong to these books. He is like from other series, but I cannot point which one. He is so different from the other characters and yet, he belongs there... with Dru. But she keeps insisting on not trusting him, question him and saying that he doesn't have an effect on her, which is true. Christophe make her blush and a lot. He is always calling her name is other language. Which I made my research and some words are Polish. Mostly all the nicknames he says the meaning is similar like: "my love", "little one", "sweetie" or "little bird". He keeps telling her that he is her guardian angel and he will do anything to protect her and keep her safe. His emotions are free whenever they are alone. The line that make me love him was: "I would have lost you.", after an attack in the schola. He keeps appearing when she is in danger and basically saving the day. BUT not everybody likes him. We have the "we-hate-Christophe-Reyard" fan club, which is composed by: Graves (president), Anna and pretty much all the Order.

Other characters which caught my attention were: Dylan, Dibs, Shanks, Anna and Ash. I would rather not talk about them, because I cannot say much without spoiling. Figures... Go read the book if you like, but I seriously don't recommend it, because I didn't even like it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!